I did not play catch today.
Instead, I wrote about playing catch.
The next real game of catch is already in the works.
Longest Single Game of Catch – A therapy game of catch with Aaron Unthank (Day #256) lasted right at an hour. Therapy games of catch shouldn’t be rushed.
Coldest Game of Catch – 0 degrees. -15 wind chill. On January 16, in front of the Royals World Champions photo mural at the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, with Josh Kennedy (Day #16).
Largest Charity Softball Game and Catch – Playing on Team Blue helping raise $2000. I was 0 – 2 at the plate, but I made a pretty sweet sliding catch. (Day #146)
Best Game of Catch That Turned into a Book – On Day #224, I met Lindsey and Skylar and heard of Skylar’s epic bucket list. “Love makes all dreams possible.” Skylar’s book, Sky’s High Dreams, raises money for the Arkansas Children’s Hospital Research Institute.
Best Homegrown Field – Ryan Cellan (Day #150) in Wallingford, Iowa. Ryan’s continued working on his field throughout the year. It is positively beautiful.
Prettiest Natural Landscape – Playing catch with Baseball Seams Company founder Nate Rueckert (Day #149) in front of the roar of the falls.
Favorite Historic Games of Catch – Four-way tie.
- Bob Kendrick, president of the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum (Day #34).
- Mary Moore and Perry Barber at the field of the Rockford Peaches (Day #152).
- Jackie Robinson Field, home of the Daytona Tortugas (Day #171).
- Players of the AAGPBL at the NLBM (Day #250)
Because of these games, on my want list are the following jerseys:
- KC Monarchs, #22
- A Springfield Sallies or Rockford Peaches jersey
- A Montreal Royals jersey, #9