How to play catch with 42 people in 15 Steps.
- Get invited to Mr. Kennedy’s classroom for an author presentation.
2. Arrive early to take a selfie with Mr. Kennedy in front of one of his really cool posters.
3. Tell a somewhat humorous and hopefully inspirational story titled, “How to Write a Book in 22 Easy Steps Over 36 Years.”
4. Give honest As to all of the Qs.
5. Read a quote about creative work by Steven Pressfield.
“Creative work is not a selfish act or a bid for attention on the part of the actor. It’s a gift to the world and every being in it. Don’t cheat us of your contribution. Give us what you’ve got.”
6. Go outside.
7. Distribute gloves.
8. Throw the ball every time someone says your name.
9. Make underhand tosses to those without gloves.
10. Just keep throwing, just keep throwing.
11. Start processing how unusual your name sounds when 40 people say it over and over and over and over and over and over.
12. Pray for no broken windows or bloody noses.
13. Take a selfie with all of the students.
14. Sign 2 autographs with the advice to “Keep Writing.”
15. Massage your arm. Be grateful for answered prayers.